MycoMatch Mobile for iPhone
Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest
Page last Updated Apr 28, 2022
Back to Main page
Version 2.4 Beta (2020) is the current version of MycoMatch Mobile for iPhone / iPad.
The program is designed to work on iPhones and iPads, covering over 1200 gilled mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. As in MycoMatch (MatchMaker), there are photographs and detailed descriptions, and a way of putting in characters to identify mushrooms.
MycoMatch Mobile for iPhone / iPad is newly designed by Douglas Alder and Danny Miller.
Installing MycoMatch Mobile Phone for iPhone / iPad
First use your iPhone / iPad (from here on called your device) to install "Claris Filemaker Go 19" from the App Store. You can use the App Store application or the link immediately below.
Some older devices will not allow the installation of the most recent version of Filemaker Go. In that case, download Filemaker Go 18 or Filemaker Go from the App Store.
When that is done you download the file MycoMatch.fmp12 using Safari on your device.
View Detailed Installation Instructions (pdf)
On some older phones the download link from the pdf file will not work; in that case use this html link
If you have difficulty with the installation, you can try the Alternative Instructions below which require a PC laptop or PC desktop together with iTunes.
View Alternative Instructions (htm)
Using MycoMatch Mobile for iPhone / iPad
Using the App (pdf)
Using the App (htm)
About the App
MycoMatch Mobile 2.4 Beta is a preliminary test version of a modern, simplified version of MycoMatch 2.4, specifically designed for Apple iPhones.
To send questions or corrections,
- iPhone 7 and up - For the best experience, we recommend at least an iPhone 7; earlier models might require pinching or swiping to see the whole screen.
- We have done limited testing on iPads, but we expect any recent iPad to work.
- Android not supported yet – Sorry, but a version is in the works.
- Gilled mushrooms only – This version only has gilled mushrooms, not any of the other categories of mushrooms.
- Only species with photographs are included in the mobile version. Species without photographs are typically rare and the mobile app should be a very visual experience.
Back to Main page
Eli Gibson designed the background image.
which is a collage of photographs by
Michael Beug, Cy and Mary Hampson, Boleslaw Kuznik,
Michael Wood (MykoWeb), Richard Winder, and Eileen Seto.