Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest
What's New in Version 2.4?
Page last Updated November 30, 2020
Back to Main page
WHAT IS NEW?
- MycoMatch Mobile for iPhone will join MycoMatch (MatchMaker). A menu item in MycoMatch (MatchMaker) will take you to its web page. You will be able to view progess on MycoMatch Mobile and download it when available.
The program itself works the same way as in recent versions. MycoMatch for Mac has been discontinued because it does not work on the Catalina operating system and some earlier systems.
About 75 species have been added. Many of these are new to science, particularly in Cortinarius. Other species have been added because there is better documentation of their presence in the Pacific Northwest.
About 135 primary names have been changed. In the twenty months since MycoMatch (MatchMaker) was updated, taxonomy has seen significant reorganization due to the study of fungal DNA. Other proposed names that we have not yet accepted are given as synonyms with an explanation in parentheses, for example "(proposed new name)". If you can't find a familiar name, use Index All Categories on the List menu, or type the familiar name into the search box on the matching form.
The NOTES and SIMILAR sections of MycoMatch (MatchMaker) are now written in sentence form for easier reading.
The program has outgrown a CD but may be installed from a download, a DVD, or a flash drive.
There is a newly discovered issue on some newer laptops with Tree View This Category and Tree View All Categories. These are convenient ways of exploring how the different species are related to each other in orders and families, although they are not essential to how the program works. If you like to use this feature and your laptop does not access the trees properly, follow these directions:
Type SERVICES into the windows search bar to find and run the Windows SERVICES app.
- Go to the service with the name “Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel”.
- Double click it, or Right-Click it and choose Properties
- Change “Startup Type” to “Disabled” and choose “OK”
- Reboot your computer
- If you actually need to use a Touch Keyboard or Handwriting Panel with a Windows Pen and Ink device, change the “Startup Type” back to “Automatic”.
Back to Main page
Eli Gibson designed the background image.
which is a collage of photographs by
Michael Beug, Cy and Mary Hampson, Boleslaw Kuznik,
Michael Wood (MykoWeb), Richard Winder, and Eileen Seto.